Information for Race Participants
The race format will be:
- Initial race qualifying which consists of 5 laps of 10 riders top 5 would progress to Semi Final. Those riders who didnt make the top 5 in qualifying have the opportunity to race again in a single race of 10 laps. Top 3 enter the Semi Finals.
- Semi Final(s) will consist of a maximum of 20 riders riding out across 10 laps
- Final consists of 16 riders riding out across 15 laps.
Although the women's shouldn't be any different we recognise that we would have less women taking part then men if trend of other women's events were to continue.
- Initial race qualifying which consists of 5 laps of 10 riders top 5 would progress to Semi Final. Those riders who didn't make the top 5 in qualifying have the opportunity to race again in a single race of 10 laps. Top 3 enter the Semi Finals.
- Semi Final(s) will consist of a maximum of 10 riders riding out across 10 laps
- Final consists of 10 riders riding out across 15 laps.
Men's and Women's Novice Categories:
We recognise that you may just want to dip your toe in and take part in the race. That's why we've introduced a Novice category. This requires your complete honesty. If you haven't raced before and just are having a go. Well this is the category for you.
We will have a qualifying of around 30 riders who will race 10 laps. Top 10 will go through to the Final.
Youth and Junior:
Qualifying will consist of 5 laps of 15 riders. Top 5 progress to final.
Final consists of top 5 in each race to ride 10 laps
Under 8 - single race consisting of 3 laps
Under 10 - single race consisting of 6 laps
Under 12 - single race consisting of 8 laps
Race Entry Fees
Children Entry is £2
Youth/Junior Entry Fee £10
Individual Entry Fee in advance £18
Individual Entry Fee on the day £30
Team Entry (teams of up to a maximum of 5) in advance £70
Team Entry Requirements
You may enter as a team across any race categories. To enter as a team you will be given space to warm up in the "team zone" these must be booked in advance using our TEAM ZONE REQUEST FORM.
Mens and Womens Prizes are:
1st Place: Prize Basket worth over £150 including £50 cash, Jersey and other things
2nd Place: Prize Basket worth £100 including £40 cash, Jersey and other things
3rd Place: Prize Basket worth £75 including £30 cash and Jersey
Youth and Junior Prizes Male/Female:
1st Place: Prize Basket worth £30 and £20 cash
2nd Place: Prize Basket worth £20 and £15 cash
3rd Place: Prize Basket worth £10 and £10 cash
Children's Prizes Under 8/10/12:
1st Place: Prize Basket worth £30
2nd Place: Prize Basket worth £20
3rd Place: Prize Basket worth £10
This race has obstacles consisting of cobbles, foam, sand, alcohol (for adults), steps, wooden snake, ramps. We suggest that a mountain bike or cyclocross bike is appropriate. However this is your choice. Use a road bike if you wish. Or a penny farthing.
We expect all riders to wear a helmet - no helmet, no race!
Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions
Thank you for entering our event. As with any event things may change depending on numbers entering and things happening on the day. As the organiser we reserve the right to change the event. If in the event of a cancellation we will refund your entry. Riders are responsible for their actions, damages to their self and their property. The organisers True Cycling Limited are not responsible in any way. We encourage riders to have insurance which includes racing insurance. By entering the race riders accept responsibility of their actions, and actions towards others. By entering the race riders waive the right to undertake legal action against the organiser for any damage to their person (including death or serious injury), equipment, property, belongings and buildings.